Can I keep my vehicle or home if I file bankruptcy?

That question depends on the circumstances and the type of bankruptcy that will be filed. If you fell behind on your automobile loans payments or mortgage payments, you can use a Chapter 13 or Chapter 11 to reinstate the loans. The option may also exist to strip down the loans secured by your automobile and home. There are also certain exemptions that may be available to you that would allow you to keep your property. You can also consider reaffirming you debt with certain secured creditors. For further clarification about filing for bankruptcy, please feel free to contact us  and one of our bankruptcy attorneys in Miami will be happy to help you.

If you are looking for a Miami bankruptcy attorney or a bankruptcy law firm providing services for Florida or Puerto Rico you are in the right place. Click here to view a full list of our services.

Return to the FAQ page.