What if I don’t have a valid social security card? 

If you have a valid social security card, you will need your original card to file bankruptcy. If you lost your valid social security card, you can have a new one reissued by the Social Security Administration. If you were not issued a social security number, you can still file bankruptcy, however, you would need to disclose that you do not have one. If you have a fake social security card, you cannot file bankruptcy as that would be a federal crime. For further clarification about filling for bankruptcy without a social security card, please feel free to contact us and one of our bankruptcy lawyers in Miami will be happy to help you.

If you are looking for a Miami bankruptcy attorney or a bankruptcy law firm providing services for Florida or Puerto Rico you are in the right place. Click here to view a full list of our services.

Return to the FAQ page.